When I was in Thailand one of my favorite dishes was the coconut soups. There are many different kinds of coconut soups with and without meat. There were yellow, green, red curry or no curry coconut soups. There are endless ways to make it.
- 3 Cups Homemade Coconut Cream or 2 Cans of Coconut Milk
- 6 Large or 3 1/2 lb Yellow Potatoes
- 6 Cups Filtered Water
- 1 Bag Frozen Peas
- 1 White Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Dry White Wine
- 2 Unsalted Vegetable Bouillon Cube
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Homemade Curry Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Sea Salt or to taste
Start by making the Homemade Curry Powder, while the herbs are cooling dice the onions in to small pieces.
Saute the onions in the olive oil until soft then add the garlic and cook until really soft.
Add the curry powder, bullion cubes and wine then reduce to a syrupy consistency and set aside.
Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with filtered water. Bring to a boil on high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, scoop off the starch and simmer about 15 – 20 minutes or until just tender uncovered.
then either turn to low and add onions, coconut milk and peas or puree everything except the peas and add them after.