This pesto is a not only tasty but healthy too.
Parsley contains calcium, iron and potassium, antioxidant vitamins A and C. It contains extremely high levels of lutein and zeaxanthin. Scientific research suggests it may help protect against macular degeneration. It is also high in vitamin K, which strengthen the bones.
Hazelnuts are high in vitamin E and B vitamins, including folate. Vitamin E maintains healthy skin, hair and nails. B vitamins are important in cell and energy metabolism. They are also rich in potassium, calcium and magnesium. The minerals help regulate blood pressure.
Start by toasting the Hazelnuts. Then put all ingredients in to a food processor or blender and blend well
Recipe – about 1 1/2 Cups
- 2 Cups OG Italian Parsley Leaves
- 1 Cup OG Toasted Hazelnuts
- 3/4 Cup Og Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- 3/4 Cup Asiago Cheese or Parmesan
- 2 Cloves OG Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste