Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette

This Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette is very refreshing and it is great with just about any salad!

Meyer-Lemon-Dressing

You might think a lemon is a lemon but a Meyer lemon is actually a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange.  It was Frank Nicholas Meyer who brought this fruit back from China and was named in his honor.  If you would like to learn more about Frank click here.

Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette

Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe:

Approx. 1 3/4 Cup

• 1/2 Cup (About 3 Lemons)  Meyer Lemon Juice – fresh squeezed
  • 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/4 Cup Champagne Vinegar
  • 1 Large or 1 Tablespoon Shallot – minced
  • 1 Clove Garlic – minced
  • 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
  • Dash Black Pepper
Instructions:

Add mustard, lemon juice, and salt to a medium bowl and whisk together.  Next whisk in the champagne vinegar and slowly whisk in the olive oil.  Stir in the garlic and shallots.

Here is a great salad recipe that include this yummy vinaigrette –  Purple Kale Farro Salad

Health benefits:

Meyer lemons are extremely high in Vitamin C thus being a great antioxidant with cells rejuvenating abilities. They also help with inflammation and arthritis.  Add the juice in water to tones the liver and stimulate enzyme production.

Comments

• says

A pingback is just a little note you add to the bottom of your post that says, “Shared at the Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable” and you link that to my site.

I wanted to let you know that I highlighted this recipe as one of my favorites from last week. So many people haven’t tried meyer lemons and they’re missing out! Your recipe is a great introduction. If you want to share a new recipe this week, your homemade grape juice fits the autoimmune protocol and looks like lots of fun: http://www.phoenixhelix.com/2013/12/11/paleo-aip-recipe-roundtable-6/

• wavatarvenezian5@hotmail.com says

Ok, sounds good. Thank you so much : ) It is amazing how many people haven’t tried meyer lemons. I put a link from the vinaigrette post to your post but not sure how to put a link on your site. Share as many of our recipes as you want and let me know then I will put a link on the post : )

1. NoNameRequired says

We have a Meyer lemon tree that is LOADED year after year with these gorgeous beauties! I am always looking for something to use them in – this looks perfect & sounds yummy!! Thanks!

• wavatarvenezian5@hotmail.com says

Thank you! I do love this Vinaigrette : ) We have a Meyer Lemon Basil Pesto recipe and a Meyer Lemon Basil Vinaigrette too you might like.

2. says

I made this last night and used just a little less EVOO, skipped the garlic and shallots, and instead added a little bit of whole fennel seeds and dried chopped onion – it was divine! Thank you so much for the recipe!

• wavatarvenezian5@hotmail.com says

Your welcome, but I think it’s now your recipe : ) I love the idea of fennel seeds!

Trackbacks

1. […] Meyer lemons are like the lovechild of lemons and oranges. This means they’re just a tad bit sweeter than your average lemon, which makes them the perfect fruit to whizz up a dressing with. After all, we like a little sweet on our salads! This vinaigrette is refreshing and a little fancy as it uses champagne vinegar for flavour. Get the recipe from Cali Zona here […]