Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette

This is a very refreshing vinaigrette and goes with just about any salad!

Meyer-Lemon-Vinaigrette

You might think a lemon is a lemon but a Meyer lemon is actually a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange.  It was Frank Nicholas Meyer who brought this fruit back from China.

Refreshing-Meyer-Lemon-Vinaigrette

Recipe:  Approx. 1 3/4 Cup

• 1/2 Cup About 3 Juiced Meyer Lemon
  • 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/4 Cup Champagne Vinegar
  • 1 Large or 1 Tablespoon Minced Shallot
  • 1 Clove Garlic Minced
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt

Instructions:

Mince the garlic and shallots in a food processor or by hand and add everything else and blend.  You can also just add everything to a jar and shake well.  It will separate just shake before use.

Meyer lemons are extremely high in Vitamin C thus being a great antioxidant with cells rejuvenating abilities. They also help with inflammation and arthritis.  Add the juice in water to tones the liver and stimulate enzyme production.

Other posts

Comments

• says

A pingback is just a little note you add to the bottom of your post that says, “Shared at the Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable” and you link that to my site.

I wanted to let you know that I highlighted this recipe as one of my favorites from last week. So many people haven’t tried meyer lemons and they’re missing out! Your recipe is a great introduction. If you want to share a new recipe this week, your homemade grape juice fits the autoimmune protocol and looks like lots of fun: http://www.phoenixhelix.com/2013/12/11/paleo-aip-recipe-roundtable-6/

• venezian5@hotmail.com says

Ok, sounds good. Thank you so much : ) It is amazing how many people haven’t tried meyer lemons. I put a link from the vinaigrette post to your post but not sure how to put a link on your site. Share as many of our recipes as you want and let me know then I will put a link on the post : )

1. NoNameRequired says

We have a Meyer lemon tree that is LOADED year after year with these gorgeous beauties! I am always looking for something to use them in – this looks perfect & sounds yummy!! Thanks!

• venezian5@hotmail.com says

Thank you! I do love this Vinaigrette : ) We have a Meyer Lemon Basil Pesto recipe and a Meyer Lemon Basil Vinaigrette too you might like.

2. says

I made this last night and used just a little less EVOO, skipped the garlic and shallots, and instead added a little bit of whole fennel seeds and dried chopped onion – it was divine! Thank you so much for the recipe!

• venezian5@hotmail.com says

Your welcome, but I think it’s now your recipe : ) I love the idea of fennel seeds!

Trackbacks