This is a truly delightful and easy Marinated Fresh Mozzarella appetizer that is sure to impress! I absolutely adore the simple yet extraordinary combination of tangerine with basil. Add them to a toasty crostini or any crusty bread for that matter and I can’t get enough.
My last post was on a marinated tomato salad. I had leftover dressing from the marinated tomatoes so, I used it for this recipe. You can either make the dressing just for this recipe or do like I did and get two for one. This appetizer goes well with the marinated tomato salad as they both have the same marinade/dressing. The next time we have guest, I am going to make both of these dishes and bring them down to the beach for a beach picnic. Who’s in?
I like a sparkling wine with this appetizer, like a Cava or a Prosecco.
- 1 Recipe Tangerine Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 Container Small Fresh Mozzarella Balls
- Handful Fresh Basil
- 1 French Baguette
- 1 box – (1 1/4 Cup) Maldon Salt
- Zest of 4 – 8 Mandarin Oranges – depends on how much citrus you want (I used 5, which is mild)
- 1/4 Cup Maldon Salt
- Zest of 1 – 2 Mandarin Orange