This vibrant Sun-Dried Tomato Champagne Vinaigrette is rich, flavorful and hearty! It will make the simplest salads full of flavor. Get creative and try it in a variety of dishes like on a sandwich or even over pasta.
There was a time I use to get sun-dried tomatoes on everything; like pizza, in sandwiches and salads. So much so, I became totally burned out on them. I finally tried them after a long break and I am completely in love with them again. You can check out some of my other recipes that include sun-dried tomatoes like these Garbanzorizo Tacos or this delicious Kale Salad with Lemon Thyme Pesto Vinaigrette
Approx. 1 1/4 cups
- 1/3 Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes (preferably not the oil packed kind, but you can drain the oil if you can’t find the dry kind)
- 3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Champagne Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Filtered Water – or more if needed
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Small Cloves Garlic – minced
- 1 Shallot (about 1/4 cup) – minced
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Dash Black Pepper
Mince the shallot and set aside. In a in a food processor or blender, add the minced the garlic (or use a garlic press), juice the lemon with a hand-held lemon juicer. Measure all the other ingredients and puree until smooth. Stir in the shallots.
Sun-Dried Tomatoes are very high in antioxidants; just one cup has 23 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C and 16 percent of vitamin A. The Vitamin C in dried tomatoes helps your body absorb the high iron content as well. They are high in potassium which helps prevent and lower high blood pressure. These tomatoes are very high in dietary fiber compared to raw tomatoes.