This curry powder is a bit on the spicier side but you can adjust it by the amount of chili pepper you add. What spices would you put in your homemade curry powder?
There are so many different curry powders out there in the world from 4 spices up to 18. I created this one with spices I like the best and it came out spectacularly!
Recipe: Approx. 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 Teaspoons Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Corn
Put everything in a saute pan except the turmeric powder on med-high heat and stir for 8 – 10 minute.
It will be very fragrant, then add the turmeric powder for 30 seconds.
Remove from heat and cool. Transfer to spice grinder and grind to a fine powder. It is ready to use : )