This is a wonderfully refreshing Blood Orange Lime Wine Spritzer. This simple winetail has a lot of character with its slight fizz from the sparkling water, sweet blood orange flavor and the perfect amount of sourness from the lime.
Here is what Wikipedia has to say about spritzers “The word comes from the German spritzen “spatter, squirt, spray, sprinkle”, i.e. adding water and thus diluting the wine so that it can be consumed in larger, thirst-quenching amounts.”
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine (I used white Rioja)
- 1/2 Cup Sparkling Water (I used Pellegrino)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Squeezed Blood Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- Blood Orange Slice – garnish
- Ice (Optional)
Juice the blood orange and lime into a small bowl with a hand held orange juicer.
Add ice to a glass and measure out the wine and water. Stir in the orange and lime juice then top with a blood orange slice.