This such a comfort food soup!!!
Make the Marinara Sauce and simmer
In a soup pot add Red Lentils, rinse thoroughly and strain
Add Water to the pot, whole cloves of Garlic and the Bullion Cubes then bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium for 30 minutes. Scoop off the starchy foam
Dice the Potatoes and put into a pan with enough Water to cover and boil until soft then strain and set aside until the Lentils are done.
While Potatoes are cooking, In a sauté pan add 2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil, Carrots & a pinch of salt, then sauté until soft and add to Lentils. You can also steam them if you like
Add Tomato Sauce after Lentils are cooked
Add the Potatoes, Corn, Olive Oil and Spices
Simmer for 20 more minutes
Recipe – 8 – 12 servings
- 3 Cups of OG Red Lentils
- 12 Cups Filtered Water
- 4 Small OG Potatoes
- 3 Large OG Carrots
- 1 Cup of OG Corn
- 3 OG Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Vegetable Bullion Cubes
- 1/4 Cup OG Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon OG Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon OG Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon OG Paprika Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sea Salt or to Taste
- Cayenne Pepper to taste (Optional)
* This soup is really good without the vegetables as well. For extra tomato flavor double the Marinara.