Refreshing, delicious and healthy! I love homemade ginger beer it’s fresh, spicy and so much better than a canned soda any day.
Recipe: Makes 4 – 8 oz Drinks
- 4 Ginger Roots medium sized juiced (you will need a juicer for the ginger)
- 4 oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 6 oz Demerara Syrup (raw sugar simple syrup)
- 32 oz Sparkling Water
- 1/2 Cup Raw Demerara Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Hot Filtered Water
Follow the simple syrup instructions but with the Demerara sugar it’s more course than a fine sugar so heating it up on the stovetop may be essential for dissolving the sugar into the water.
First you want to peel the skin off of the ginger, this will make it less bitter. Then juice the ginger and limes in a juicer. Prepare your juices and syrup. I like to separate so I can customize each drink. Some like more ginger or more sweet than others.
To make the ginger beer I use equal parts ginger, lime and syrup, add about 8 oz of sparkling water. (6 oz if you like it strong)